[pianotech] stuck keys after one hour of playing

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Apr 1 09:49:15 PDT 2009

pmc033 at earthlink.net wrote:
> Some are, some aren't.  Are you looking at Young Chang pins?  They are
> plated.
>
> Paul McCloud
> San Diego

Yup...

You've been lucky, Mark.

The YC pins look like a self-pealing onion, only the peal digs into the
bushing cloth.

I got real good at removing the back action out of the bunch (7) of YC
grands we got in the mid/late '80s.

Yeah, the hammer flanges had problems, but the irritating ones were
those back ones.

No keepsakes, just fond memories. ;-{

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076