[pianotech] Surcharges

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 04:49:09 PDT 2009

Tom writes:

<< As of right now, I am scheduled three weeks out. *a client tuning* needs
it done next week.  How do you all handle surcharges in cases like this?  *Do
you add an item on your bill that states this extra charge, or do you just put
it in with your tuning cost?  What would be a reasonable amount?  Or is this
whole idea just stupid and not "keeping the best interest of my customer" >>

Greetings,
      I think our lives are shaped more by our intentions than our actions.
What is the intention of a surcharge?  To discourage the last minute caller?
To ameliorate the irritation of changing our schedule? To simply create more
wealth out of the same amount of time, ( which is not always a bad thing)?
    The customer will usually get what the intention is, even if
unconsciously, and your career will ultimately be shaped by the cumulative excercises if
judgement you describe above.  My instincts always tell me, correctly, what to
do in situations like this. Regrettably, I don't always listen to them.  My
advice is for you to trust yours.

Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at