[pianotech] Long european center pIns?

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Apr 2 14:31:50 PDT 2009

Jim,

Unless I am mistaken, one is not meant to draw the birdseye on the long
pins.  The pins are meant to allow you to size a gaggle of flanges.  Once
done, the long pin is removed and and you then can either insert individual
pins in each assy., or go one at a time with the long pin, trimming each as
you go.  I too, would have difficulty understanding how (why?) anyone would
try to push a birdseye along the entire length of the pin, especially one
that has been roughed up to ream.

William R. Monroe