[pianotech] Long european center pIns?

Arnold Duin aduin at euronet.nl
Thu Apr 2 15:07:48 PDT 2009

Jim

In short: Just cut of a convenient lenght of the same wire to make a reamer and make a pointed end at the other part. Ream the bushed  flange and test the result on the smooth part of the reamer.  When you are done reaming and calibrating pull the reamer out and draw the long wire through. Cut the wire flush at the sides of the flange. In that way you have the same diameter center pin as the reamer.  It is important to make a nice smooth graduation of thickness of the point and to pull it though not too fast. I have done a lot of repinning with the long wires until the wires became very uneven in thickness across their lenghts and also had different diameters per size.

Arnold