[pianotech] once in a while

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 3 06:06:53 PDT 2009

I quit a school district last year. I knew I was done, when having had a
really heated argument with one of the pseudo guards, finally screamed,
"Go to the office right now, get the people with the guns, and escort me
out of this building  now."...............  Not a good day. I went to
finish the piano, (and rest of contract ultimately) when a lady walked
on the stage, and I jumped off my bench like someone had shot me.  She
said, "Oh I'm sorry to have scared you so. I just wanted to tell you how
absolutely excited the kids were when they came out of the room where
you were tuning. You had explained so much to them, let them tune some
notes and it absolutely made their day, so I just wanted to come and
tell you."   It was a lovely way to end what had become a politically
impossible situation for me.
les b