[pianotech] aural vs edt

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 13:51:40 PDT 2009

As I remember (as a next-town-over neighbor and fellow chapter member for 30
years), the A0 to C8 sequence was developed as a result of his research into
developing the most efficient pitch raise procedure (not to obliterate aural
verification). As a "real" scientist, he did a lot of testing as he
developed his 25% pitch raise overshoot (since refined by others), and often
used chapter members and NBSS students as his "test subjects," while he
developed the Hale SOT and then the several generations of the SAT.Patrick
Draine