[pianotech] PTG membership (was Re: Aural tuning and RPT status)

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 21:49:02 PDT 2009

PLEASE TAKE THIS TO PTG-L!!!

Paul

In a message dated 4/5/2009 11:14:13 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
dahechler at att.net writes:

John  Formsma wrote:

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Duaine & Laura  Hechler <_dahechler at att.net_
(mailto:dahechler at att.net) > wrote:

SO....  Why should RPT status be permanent without  recertification.

You're not in PTG, so why should you care?

--
JF

I was for about 7 years until I figured out the PTG  that:

- First, Associates are not allowed to use the PTG logo

-  Associates can't use PTG forms and other resources reserved  for  RPT's

- Don't care about Associates being left alone to be  Associates
(with regards to being a tech and just being associated  with PTG)

- Associates not being good enough to service the public
(even though I know several in our local chapter that are excellent  techs
for over 15 years)

- Making Associates feel like second or third  class citizens (until they
become an RPT)

- Upright and player techs  are made to feel worthless

- If you don't service grands then your  second or third class citizens

- The Journal, for the most part, is  geared to grands.
(When, at least, in my area - uprights -  rule)

- ETD's are, for the most part, considered useless  and  can't  be accepted
by hard core people

- If you  can't aural tune, you have no business in this business.
(For the  record, I use the ETD to set the first string and I do all aural
tuning on the  unisons.)

- Associates being overall snubbed until they become  RPT's

That should about cover it.

--

Duaine Hechler

Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ

Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding

Reed Organ Society Member

Florissant, MO 63034

(314) 838-5587

_dahechler at att.net_ (mailto:dahechler at att.net)

_www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com_ (http://www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com/)

--

Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621488x1201450096/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62)