[pianotech] World's longest piano

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Mon Apr 6 05:43:27 PDT 2009

Well that's absolutely fascinating!

What a pity the video doesn't give more technical information.  It looks longer than the giant 11' 8" Challen http://www.pianoworld.com/fun/bigpiano.htm There is also, of course, the extraordniary 12 foot tall upright piano by Klavins. It's a shame we don't hear more of the piano being played, in the news item. The sound does seem somewhat akin to that of the Klavins, doubtless due to the very long strings.

Best regards,

David.