[pianotech] Drilling a pinblock

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 6 09:18:28 PDT 2009

Back in the 1970s, when I got Falconwood pinblocks from Cliff Geers, it came
with a booklet about installation.  Originally he was the only supplier of
this dense kind of pinblock in the US, if I recall.  I do not know how the
density of the Falconwood differs from the Delignit.  They recommended using
a .272" drill of the high helix variety.  They also suggest speeds of 900 to
1000 r.p.m.  I would also recommend buying a copy of the Piano Technicians
Journal Reprints: Pinblocks and Plates and searching this list's archives
for more ideas, there is plenty there!

Good luck,

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT

bdornfeld at earthlink.net