[pianotech] Book publishing (was Re: fiber)

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:35:22 PDT 2009

Last month we had some discussion encouraging John Delacore to publish a book, now Jurgen is putting up his hand. I think that it is possible these days to do small scale publishing with the help of internet based companies. My wife Sharon works with a girl who just printed a book with http://www.blurb.com/ . According to her, the result is a beautiful and very professional looking publication. Another company is http://www.iuniverse.com/ . I have no personal knowledge of them; does anyone else know of them or others?

Searching for "self publishing" shows many sites. There are also "print on demand" services such as http://booksandtales.com/pod/index.php , which will try to sell your book for a fee, rather than just printing it for you.

Scott Jackson