[pianotech] Old upright

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 07:30:48 PDT 2009

I'd love to see the pictures!

Maybe you could answer a few questions. It seems that the achilles
heel for old uprights is loss of downbearing at the treble break. Do
you have a protocol for dealing with this? Also, I've been keeping my
eye out for any brands that do not have a deep notch (deeper than the
cap), or even no notch at all, for the treble break strut. Have you
noticed any?

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle

Please address replies to the List. Do not E-mail me privately. Thank You.