[pianotech] Mileage charge

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 11:18:34 PDT 2009

<<  i just had another customer call me and in a very nice way

> told me that they don't want to lose my services in that area, so

> couldn't i just charge $50 and wouldn't that cover my gas, and couldn't

> i just consider that an expense of running the business and deduct it on

> my taxes?

    yea, yea, yea.  Lose a little bit on every job but make up the difference
in volume?  This customer doesn't seem to think your time sitting in that car
should be paid for, or just figures to get a 33% discount?  Do you want that
kind of customer, or more to the point, can you afford that customer?
     When all expenses of that vehicle are taken into account, it costs about
$.40 per mile to simply run the thing,  add your time to that and see what it
is worth.
Regards,

> i've been questioned about my mileage charge, but i've never had it put

> to me that way. i charge what i charge based on what other technicians

> have suggested. what would any of you have said in response to that

> question? >>

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421323x1201417385/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%
3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62)</HTML>