[pianotech] Old upright

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 17:13:47 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Bill Miller <miltronix at verizon.net> wrote:

> Question from a longtime piano player who's not a tech:
> How do you replace the pin block in a vertical piano?? (I thought it wasn't
> feasible...)
> thanks, Bill Miller, Norfolk VA
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Deutschle" <
> oaronshoulder at gmail.com>

Ihave to assume this "old piano" is an american made piano. If it is indeed
beyond repair I have 2 never fail lines I use for my customers. It wasn't a
great piano when it was built and it hasn't improved with age. Then when
they look at you and say But can't you just....... You look them in the eye
and answer no maam/sir what you have here is firewood masquerading as a
piano.

One caveat, if they do get rid of it you may end up working on one of these
chinese wonders, so think twice!!

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404