[pianotech] Mileage Charge

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Wed Apr 8 06:52:44 PDT 2009

The cost of a part you buy is a deductible business expense, but it's
certainly OK to charge the customer more for it; that's where profit
comes from.  You can charge less, too.  Different things.

However, lots of customers have to fill out expense reports, and so
they know what the IRS deduction rate is.  Charges a lot higher than
that rate will be seen as expensive, but again, we're free to set our
own prices, to attract work we want and to discourage work we don't.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
ABQ, NM
www.shusterpiano.com