[pianotech] Mileage charge scenarii

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Apr 9 07:54:22 PDT 2009

I have been audited- twice. When it comes to mileage they consider your
miles to the first customer as commute miles, as in not deductible. If you
commuted to a regular job you would not be able to deduct those miles.

If you have an office 300 yards away from your home, you could commute to
your office, then drive to your appointments. Those miles would then all be
deductible.

And for your return trip home make sure you stop by the hardware store, or
stop to talk to a customer about business. And repeat the mantra, "we live
in a free country."

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272