[pianotech] Mileage charge scenarii

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Apr 9 08:02:07 PDT 2009

Dean May wrote:
> I have been audited- twice. When it comes to mileage they consider your
> miles to the first customer as commute miles, as in not deductible. If you
> commuted to a regular job you would not be able to deduct those miles.
>
> If you have an office 300 yards away from your home, you could commute to
> your office, then drive to your appointments. Those miles would then all be
> deductible.

Well, fortunately, I've got that covered since my tools are usually in
my office at school (one block from home) so any mileage difference
would be negligible.

> And for your return trip home make sure you stop by the hardware store, or
> stop to talk to a customer about business. And repeat the mantra, "we live
> in a free country."

Or translating either license plate (pno2ner/pno2nr) for the convenience
store clerk. ;-}

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076