[pianotech] newman planer, powermatic bandsaw

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Apr 9 12:05:15 PDT 2009

Good Gravy, Daniel,

Yes, it's big enough for most everything under the sun.  Even a small 12 or
13 inch planer would suffice for the work we do.  Unless you are running
pinblocks through the planer daily, I think that would be overkill.  Get a
new DeWalt 13.5" planer and save yourself $2000.  The powermatic bandsaw
would be a good addition.  I prefer a larger saw (saw envy) but the 14"
should do all you need it to do.  And, powermatic isn't a bad thing.  ;-]

William R. Monroe

hi list