[pianotech] loss of a day's work

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 9 18:01:10 PDT 2009

You make a point Terry.  The best quality workmanship possible on any piano
is what it's all about.  I have been asked numerous times over the years if
I was an RPT.  I remember my dad sending me out before I was an RPT to do a
tuning.  My work was fine, or dad would not have sent me but, the client
called him back afterward and actually scolded him for sending me out as a
non RPT instead of coming himself because he hired an RPT NOT an nobody like
me!  We laughed about it afterward but, dad always went out after that until
I finally became Registered.

I remember the day I went back to this guys house and he said, point blank,
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???!!!  Well, you hired an RPT, dad is cutting back
and I am now an RPT so, can I do it?  YOU ARE?  He said.  Uh huh, I said..
Well, OK, come on in then but, you'd better do as good a job as your dad did
or else!