[pianotech] Moving on ... seeking antique tuning tip for Collard &Collard

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Fri Apr 10 06:52:37 PDT 2009

Heckschers and Fletcher & newman in the UK both sell various levers with oblong heads, or oblong tips for interchangable-tip levers.

I encountered a magnificanet 1875 Collard and Collard grand last year in the common lounge of a converted country manor house. it had oblong pins too. The guy was to consult the other residents of the converted apartments about getting it tuned, but I didn't hear back from him. Someone that had asked before, declined to try tuning it, because, I guess, he didnlt have a suitable lever or tip.  I might phone the guy, because I'd like to tune that piano, the bass strings sounded phenomenal.  A really sturdy solid grand, nothing lightweight about it.

Best regards,

David.