[pianotech] Pin size in spinet

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 11 16:43:47 PDT 2009

Okay, I waited until I felt this thread might be at the end to ask....I obviously had no idea you could change the tuning pins and KEEP the strings.  Is this a difficult job?  How and when might it be a suggestion for a client.  I understand this sentimental situation which I run into frequently.  Can you do this to grand pianos as well?

Wow, there is no end to learning in this field...not that I thought I know very much but....wow!

P.S.  I was practicing for technical exam today and changed a few strings on my practice grand...it seems to me that putting on a new string following a new tuning pin wouldn't take much more time than working to get the old string off the old pin and then following the enstaillation of the new pin trying to get the old string back on.  Just my thought.  Still curious about the above.

thanks,

Steven Hopp

Midland, TX