[pianotech] Pin size in spinet

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sat Apr 11 17:01:53 PDT 2009

I'm wondering sort of the same thing.

I have replaced a handful of tuning pins in a few pianos, and I can't
imagine replacing all pins, having to carefully pry off all the coils. I
suppose my main prejudice against the idea is that the strings in the most
recent one (a week ago) were quite rusty and the piano (an S&S 'B') really
just needed to be rebuilt, but on the other hand, it just still seems like
it would be quite a bit easier and not so much additional expense to just
restring it??