[pianotech] New FR bushings / Action Reg Effect

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Apr 11 20:02:17 PDT 2009

Depends on the thickness of the replacement punchings compared with the old
ones.  If the action was previously regulated properly and the new punching
are the same thickness then there won't be any change.  If the new punching
are thicker then the dip and aftertouch will be reduced, if they're thinner
vice versa.   Since there is some wiggle room with aftertouch you may not
notice any regulation problems if the new punching are relatively close.
Nevertheless, the prudent thing to do is to check the key dip after the
change.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com