[pianotech] New FR bushings / Action Reg Effect

andré oorebeek oorebeek at planet.nl
Sat Apr 11 21:31:24 PDT 2009

Steven,

One of the reasons why these conical Wurzen FR punchings are used in
our trade is because they ensure a very precise key dip, which
improves the regulation (assuming one knows how to regulate well). A
more precise regulation gives us a more precise 'feel', and a louder
tone as well as the transfer of energy will have improved.
The other reason for using these punchings is their firmness.
A more sturdy/firm punching causes the key to 'land' harder i.e. less
energy is absorbed (or cushioned) by the soft punching and the harder
landing causes the transfer of more energy to the other side of the
key, the sea saw.

Some years ago there were some very interesting discussions about this
topic.
All the info is to be found in the archives and an article was written
in the Journal.

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek