[pianotech] Borgato pianos?

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 12 07:36:37 PDT 2009

That is the weirdest piano I've ever seen.  Even if there were some musical value to this lower "pedalboard" piano, the design and look of it makes it look ridiculous.  It looks like a piano that just stepped out of a wading pool or sitzbath.

Even the Borgato website devotes most of the space on the website to  rationalizing the existence of this bastardization of a classic instrument by citing historical references to pianos such as this in the past.  There were a lot of wrong turns along the way; that doesn't mean recreating one has any validity today.

What's next from Borgato?  The Giraffe Vertical?

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this---I'm just poking fun.  It may very well be an excellent instrument.  I'm just amused by the very thought of it, let alone the pictures.  Thanks for sharing them.

Could this website have launched on April 1st?

Tom Sivak
Chicago