[pianotech] newman planer, powermatic bandsaw

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sun Apr 12 11:39:20 PDT 2009

Bob, Daniel and list,

                I have one of these old machines and quite a few other 3
phase powered machines in my shop. I use a simple static phase converter
which I had an electrician friend wire in for me. The power reduction that I
experience is negligible at best. My planer is only an 18” model (Yates
American) but looks very much like the picture that Daniel sent earlier. I
also have an 8” Powermatic joiner, a 5 HP Delta Unisaw, and a 7HP Powermatic
Shaper/Molder that all run on 3 Phase power. None of these show any
appreciable power reduction, at least for the low volume that I use them.

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com

216-226-3791 (office)