[pianotech] newman planer, powermatic bandsaw

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 09:33:55 PDT 2009

In a message dated 4/9/2009 8:36:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
carltonpiano at sbcglobal.net writes:

hi list

i'm looking at a newman s248 planer, $2600: "24x8  inch planer, 7 1/2 hp
240volt 3 phase motor, new powermatic knives, new gibs,  runs great" reads the
description. does anyone have experience with newmans?  reliable,
well-built?

also for a powermatic bandsaw, model# 141,  $550: "14  inch, 115 volt, runs
great" read the  description.

are these big enough to do pinblocks and other rebuildin' stuff?

Daniel  Carlton

=
Daniel (and others looking at old industrial machinery),

I don't think I've seen mention of one other caveat - three-phase power is
not something most shops are wired for. There is a three-phase adapter, but
it  adds cost and bulk and reduces efficiency.

Bob Davis
**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)