[pianotech] newman planer, powermatic bandsaw

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 12:32:16 PDT 2009

Greg,

Thanks for your note. I'm hoping to add some heavier machinery some day,
and this looks like it's worth some further examination. I did a little
digging,  and a static converter seems to reduce the rated horsepower by 1/3,
which might  or might not matter, depending on what you're starting with. This
site seemed to  have some good reading:

_http://www.phase-a-matic.com/StaticApplicationNotes.htm_
(http://www.phase-a-matic.com/StaticApplicationNotes.htm)

It looks like you might expect to pay maybe $300 for an 8-12 horse-worthy
static converter to run motors of 7 or 8 hp. The site lists some
applications  the static converters might not be appropriate for. A rotary converter
looks  more like $1,500 - $2,000.

How much was yours? Do you run all these off a single 30 amp 220 circuit?
50 amp? Multiple circuits?

Thanks,
Bob Davis

In a message dated 4/12/2009 11:39:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,