[pianotech] newman planer, powermatic bandsaw

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sun Apr 12 12:54:19 PDT 2009

Bob,

                I run them all off of a single 30 amp circuit which, of course, means that I have to unplug and plug in when I want to change machines. I can tell you that the power reduction is nowhere near 1/3. I had heard when I bought the converter that the power reduction could be as much as 10% for which I said “big deal”. It’s harder on the life of the motor too since it builds up heat faster. I don’t consider this a problem either since I’m not using them for extended periods of time therefore the heat buildup is less. I paid about $200 for the converter if memory serves (which, increasingly, it does not). I’ll have to read your article here when I get the chance.

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com

216-226-3791 (office)

216-470-8634 (mobile)

P.S. if you really want to do it well try looking at the phase perfect website. At one time they declared no reduction whatsoever. Lot’s of money required for perfection it seems. http://www.phaseperfect.com/