[pianotech] dating a rebuild

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Apr 14 08:11:10 PDT 2009

70's or early 80's probably.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Barbara Stephens
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:53 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: [pianotech] dating a rebuild

I recently had to do an appraisal for a church of a Steinway that had
previously been "rebuilt".  Of course, no one knows any of the history of
the piano and I couldn't find any personal information or dates the
"rebuilder" might have left.  I'm looking for the approximate year of
rebuild-the only clue I have: several shanks were replaced (the rest are all
original).  The replacement shanks have Teflon bushings.  So, when did the
average rebuilder stop using Teflon bushed shanks?
Thanks,
Barbara Stephens
Associate Member
Mayhill, NM

  _____

Rediscover HotmailR: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it
out.
<http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Up
dates1_042009>