[pianotech] email check

J. Stanley Ryberg jstan40 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 16 07:36:02 PDT 2009

"Noah Frere" <noahfrere at gmail.com>

To:
pianotech at ptg.org

Mine was already set like that, but to no avail.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Rob McCall <rob at mccallpiano.com> wrote:

Avery,

Go to http://ptg.org/mailman/options/pianotech_ptg.org and log in.  This is where the preference is located that I believe John was talking about.

When you scroll down to about the 4th preference, entitled "Receive your own posts to the list?", make sure the "yes" box is checked.  Then you should get your posts just like you get everyone else's posts.

I started out on gmail on this list and the above procedure worked just fine for me.

If it still doesn't, make sure that your posts sent to you aren't ending up in your gmail spam folder.

Good luck!

Rob
Since all else has failed to get your messages returned to you and checking the archives has already been mentioned, why not go to the above URL and change to the Digest form of the List?  True, it won't come to you as immediately as do individual messages (the delay might be an hour or so) but ALL messages appear in the Digest and you just scroll down while reading.  Simple.

Cheers!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
jstan40 at sbcglobal.net