[pianotech] Brands prone to breaking plates

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Thu Apr 16 09:57:28 PDT 2009

  That's a good idea.

  One thing comes to mind, and that would be anything with the aluminum plate.  Never happened to me, but something tells me it's more fragile than cast iron....but then again, I've been mistaken before ;>)  There were quite a few made during  WWII years and a little after...

  Paul

  Paul,
  Lots' of them here in New England. Unrelated to the plate issue we are discussing but  the sides often come unglued (Winter Co ) .I have not seen plate failure---YET!
   Tom Driscoll.