[pianotech] Subject: Broken plate

Kerry kerrykean at att.net
Thu Apr 16 10:26:41 PDT 2009

I recall that there was once a court case where the tech was sued over a
broken plate and won. As I recall, various other technicians and industry
types testified in his behalf. Does anyone else remember that, and/or have
any information on it? It would be a handy precedent to point to, just in
case.

BTW, I did have a small grand plate break on me years ago. About all I
remember is that it was loud and nearly caused me to go home and change my
trousers. Fortunately, I had mentioned the possibility and the customer was
very understanding. The next one might not be.

Kerry Kean

  _____