[pianotech] Broadwood felt wrest pin bushings

David Lawson Pianos dlawson at davidlawsonspianos.com.au
Thu Apr 16 16:26:25 PDT 2009

Having tuned many Broadwood uprights over the years, I have oft wondered why they bothered to place red felt on the tuning pins prior to punching them in to the plank.
I imagine it is just for decoration as there can be no technical reason I can think of for this practice.
They do have full agraffe tuning systems on their older uprights, which seem to keep them quite stable over the years. Do they still do this?
David Lawson Wangaratta Australia