[pianotech] Moderation?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Apr 16 16:05:47 PDT 2009

Well it could be a bug... but in this case the user had 2 lists and 2
accounts (2 for each list) and all were unsubscribed at the same time.
Different domain names on the email addresses. And to boot.... globals
were set to not receive email so a bounce problem couldn't be the
explanation.

If its an auto generated unsubscribe, then it seems to me it should also
generate an explanation for the error incurred.  At least in the most
usual cases for such events.

I suppose Andy will take a look at it at some point.  I administer a
rather primitive home-made website for the Norwegian association.  Old
style HTML code...all very simple, and even so its obvious to me that
the PTG site is a large task to maintain to say the least.  Hats off to
Andy !

Cheers
RicB

    Hi David,

    I received a similar notice this week from a different PTG list, one
    of which I am the chairperson. From what I understand, there is a
    sort of spam filter and if an e-mail address gets too many bounces,
    it is unsubscribed. It has been past policy that Pianotech is
    un-moderated for freedom of discussion. I have found that I can
    provide my own moderation using e-mail filters to block
    non-contributors.

    Dave Davis, RPT