[pianotech] Brands prone to breaking plates

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Fri Apr 17 17:59:55 PDT 2009

Andrew Remillard wrote . . .

And the finale one is the treble hitch pin field breaking off. This tends to
be the loudest and most frightening. I had this happen once while tuning a
spinet. I had just pulled my head up from looking at something under the key
bed when it happened. As others have said, it does get your attention.
--
That is where an Everett under warranty broke and the piano was replaced.  I
had, I believe, a Kimball Grand that had one hitch pin drilled too close to

Ken Gerler
Gerler Piano & Organ Service
12425 Parkwood Lane
Florissant(Black Jack), MO 63033-4662