[pianotech] Toy piano scaling

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 20 13:43:32 PDT 2009

This is off the wall and off topic but I thought I'd throw it out to the
mathematical among us....

I have toy piano for a long time customer who wants it to work for her
granddaughter, several of the tines are broken. I have a friend who is a
metal worker so making new ones is possible, the question is how to
calculate the proper length without simple trial and error. Is there a
formula or two for calculating the pitch of a steel rod? Any advice?

--Dave

  New Orleans