[pianotech] plates

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 20 19:14:41 PDT 2009

Please don't waste band space, but if some could respond privately it
would be greatly appreciated.  If it should be on the site, fine.

I tuned a Cable Nelson small grand three days ago. Last two octaves went
from about 13-cents for 55 cents flat.   I  can't tune that badly, and
it's been less than six months since tuning. Piano teacher was there one
day after I tuned this time and said those last two octaves were going
flat already.  Plate?  Pinblock? Bridge?.........................   Any
general ideas?   I didn't look closely (thinking the gods did it).   It
could be the bridge- never thought of that. But I'll be back there
Friday to look, and would appreciate some wise perspective on this.
thanks
les bartlett