[pianotech] plates

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Apr 21 05:08:15 PDT 2009

Les, I don't mean to chastise anyone (or you!), but every now and then I see
a post like this. Please don't anyone respond privately to this - this is a
wonderful question of general interest that certainly me - and I'll bet many
on this list - would like to read about the eventual resolution. So please
post all elements of the discussion to come on the list for everyone to read
and learn!

My first thought would be the bass bridge - could it be severely cracked and
the bridge pins are walking over with the string side bearing pressure?

Terry Farrell