[pianotech] Toy piano scaling

James Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 20 22:55:31 PDT 2009

Years ago we had a customer who owned the toy piano he had as a child.  He
wanted it refinished and the insides rebuilt.  We pointed out that he could
just buy a new one for a fraction of the cost, but he wanted his original
piano.  The solution-We bought a new Jaymar piano at ToysRUS, took the
insides out and installed them in his old refinished case.  It was a lot
less work than trying to mess with the old mechanism and he was thrilled and
more than willing to pay for the service.  I don't know if they are still
being made, but that it always an consideration if your customer wants to
keep their old case and you have lots of broken tines.