[pianotech] On line YP

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:30:16 PDT 2009

Wim,
We find that these days more people search the internet than the phone book. So yes it is good to show up at the top of a Google search. But no you don't want to rely on (and pay) Yellow pages to do it for you.

Google has guidelines at www.google.com/support/webmasters/ to help you be found in a search. As a minimum you will want to submit your web site to www.google.com/submityourcontent/ . The next step would be to pay per click by going to Adwords.Google.com .

You can specify the words that trigger your advert, such as "Hawaii, piano, tuner, Yamaha, Steinway, PTG, guild, repair, restore", and pay according to the popularity of the words. You decide how much you can afford to pay per day, and only get charged when your name is clicked on. The adverts stop when you've used up your allowance for that day, then start again the next day.

See also en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization

Scott J