[pianotech] Quote follow-up

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Apr 22 10:42:21 PDT 2009

John Formsma wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Dave Davis <dave at davispiano.com
> <mailto:dave at davispiano.com>> wrote:
>
>     I e-mail quotes, appraisals and evaluations in a Word document. I
>     always protect the document by making it a "read only" file,
>     protected with a password so that no one can 'inadvertantly'
>     change the numbers.
>
>     Dave Davis, RPT
>

> Or you could do a PDF. With a Mac it's as easy as printing. There are
> software programs for Windows that convert .doc files to PDF. You can
> also password protect PDFs in case anyone has the ability to edit PDFs.
>
> --
> JF
OR you can use the ..... *FREE* ..... MS Office comparable .....
OpenOffice (openoffice.org) to export to PDF (which is already built in)

ALSO, handles import / export / reading / writing of Microsoft Office
documents

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years