[pianotech] What's in WD-40?

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Wed Apr 22 14:33:56 PDT 2009

Another 'funny' WD40 story.
Back in the 70's, this store had a trade in with rusty strings, so the owner sprayed them with WD40.
When he told me, I said it was a no no, so his way of getting it off, was with a Bernzamatic torch.
I wasn't there, but he told me the strings broke all over the place, bong bong bong.
He took a grand in trade that had the WD40 treatment, he knew by now, so he offered them practically nothing, and had me put a new pinblock in. Turned out not too bad.
John Ross,
Windsor, Nova Scotia