[pianotech] bass strings installation

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 07:57:04 PDT 2009

I'm looking to improve (save time) on my bass strings installation and would like to know how some of you guys proceed. Since I do this alone, there seems to be a lot of my time walking around the piano to hitch one string, cut it to lenght, pass it through agraffe, coil it and insert the pin. Do some of you atart by inserting all strings in the agraffes and then walk around the piano to hitch all the strings and then coil and pin? Or do you hitch all strings and use some kind of weight to keep them in place while you install?

After all these years I might get better at this.

Thanks,

Marcel Carey

Sherbrooke, QC