[pianotech] FW: bass strings installation

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:57:08 PDT 2009

Thank you all for the suggestions. I like the idea of small clips to hitch a few at a time.

Last piano I did was against the wall and I couldn't move it so I didn't remove the lid. I like to cut the strings to lenght before putting them through the agraffes because I find it easier to measure. BUT... I only forgot to put one through the agraffe BEFORE coiling it to the pin. So a little time was lost there  ;-)

Marcel
.
> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:33:35 -0700
> From: tcole at cruzio.com
> To: pianotech at ptg.org
> Subject: Re: [pianotech] bass strings installation
>
> Paul
>
> I think there is a difference. One way requires that I pick up a pair of
> vice grips to apply the twist to the loop end. The pin end already has
> the tool conveniently attached.
>
> As for the commute, I use slave labor to feed me bass strings.
>
> Question: How important is it to twist bass strings? Does it depend on
> who made the strings?
>
> Tom Cole
>
> PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
> > There are those who put the twist in the pin end, but it makes no
> > difference--the time is the same.
> >
> > Paul
> > Get the Radio Toolbar
> > <http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003>!

Créez un personnage à votre image pour votre WL Messenger Venez voir