[pianotech] bass strings installation

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Thu Apr 23 14:18:28 PDT 2009

Thanks, Dave. The last few sets (from Arledge) I put in untwisted, with
almost no problem. Actually, if I need to "untwist" a string a little to
get it installed, I'll "twist" it to the next 1/2 turn to be safe.

Otherwise, twisting just seems like a remedial thing. But after Paul's
reply to my post, I guess I need to experiment more to see for myself
what the difference is.

Tom Cole