[pianotech] bass twisting direction

John Dorr a440 at bresnan.net
Fri Apr 24 13:39:54 PDT 2009

John, others,

I'll repeat, it DOES make a difference which way you're looking at the string.

Prove it to yourself by standing in front of somebody else and moving your
finger in a clockwise direction.  Ask him what direction you're turning your
finger from HIS point of view.  Unless his watch turns backwards, (Australian?
 j/k)  he'll see it as counterclockwise - the opposite way that you see it.

Lacking another person, you could just point your own finger outward, trace a
clockwise circle and then, without changing your circular direction, turn your
hand around to point at yourself and your circle is now COUNTER- (or
anti-)clockwise from your own point of view.

Then I'd still like an answer to my question below, please.

John Dorr