[pianotech] bass twisting direction

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Apr 24 14:52:57 PDT 2009

I think you are still missing it John. Think of it like this: If you are
turning the string clockwise, your friend holding the other end will see you
turning counterclockwise, but the reaction in his hand forces him to apply
pressure in the clockwise (his orientation) direction to keep it from
turning. You are both apply clockwise pressure from your respective
orientations.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272