[pianotech] [CAUT] More Bohemia

Bernhard Stopper b98tu at t-online.de
Mon Apr 27 03:24:32 PDT 2009

My approach was not made known 6 years ago to the piano community, but
published already 21 years ago in a euro piano article from 1988, as
Stopper temperament, where i published this method along with the
usage of a twelfth spanner tool and the discovery of the natural form
of the fifth circle which is in fact a nineteen octaves and twelve
twelfths circle.

This article has been published in 5 languages . (German, english,
italian, french and danish.)

Gary Schulze´s article is not an introduction of a general P12 tuning
approach.

He was rather trying to compensate for inharmonicity to make intervals
like double octaves, twelfths, fifhts and triple octaves as pure as
possible.

In his article he is favoring a 31th root of six equal temperament to
achive this inharmonicity compensation, what is a different thing from
a general pure twelfth tuning world view.

Bernhard Stopper