[pianotech] rusted screw problem

daniel carlton carltonpiano at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 28 15:58:06 PDT 2009

hey people

i can't load pictures from my phone to the customer's computer, so we'll have to do this the hard way. i'll describe this the best i can. i'm evaluating an acrosonic spinet. there's the lid, then the fallboard, then sandwiched between them is the music rack, which slides out on little wooden rails and is usually attached to the rail with screws. the screws on the music rack have completely rusted and i can't get them out no way, no how. cain't get my screwdriver in there to take out the rails neither. any good way to cut the screws or something?
gotta get this thing apart. it's late and i'm dang hungry.

daniel carlton