[pianotech] rusted screw problem

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 28 16:16:57 PDT 2009

1)Take your upright jack spring cleaning tool, chuck it in a drill, and run
it in reverse.  It will cut around the screw.  2)There are broken screw
removing tools available at your local hardware store.  You drill a divot
into the screw head, then use the other end of the tool in your drill to
remove the screws.

3)Use a soldering iron to heat the screws.  It may help loosen them.

You don't want to cut the screw head off unless you can get something to
grip the shank of the screw.

                Good luck.

                Paul McCloud

                San Diego